Is this program accurate with 24 bit 48 khz as it's with 16 bit 44 khz?

Is this program accurate with 24 bit 48 khz as it's with 16 bit 44 khz?

darkangel93
I am finding many many transcoded files while scanning my 24 bit files. I am using aggressive analysis and slow scan. Do i have to take them with a grain of salt?

Re: Is this program accurate with 24 bit 48 khz as it's with 16 bit 44 khz?

Fake No Funk
Administrator
The "problem" with 48kHz files is, that FTF will expect frequencies up to 24,000 Hz.
(For 44kHz, the max. frequency is "only" 22.000 Hz)

A "clean" 48kHz file should show a spectum up to 24.000 Hz. If it only shows frequencies up to 22.000 Hz, then FTF assumes that it is not a "true 48 Khz" version, because it looks like it's just "upscaled" from a (high quality) 44 kHz verison.

However, it **IS** a high quality file,

You can use the options dialog to "allow cutoffs above .... Hz" if you feel that your 48 kHz versions are real.
If you rip them from a CD that was mastered at 44 kHz, you simply can't get a better version. (but it does not increase the quality)

This post was updated on .
I see, thanks for replying, for exaple these files. Are they legit 24bit 48khz? i mean they are over 22khz arleady but not by much, the rest of the album is around 23khz. My 16bit 44khz reach only 21878khz so i guess it's legit? here's the spectogram of one of these. there's one who has a frequency of 22404.

yeah, that spectogram looks absolutely OK.
The song is very silent, and from some point it's hard to distinguish between "silence" and "total absence" of a signal.

Re: Is this program accurate with 24 bit 48 khz as it's with 16 bit 44 khz?

darkangel93
Thank you very much! Your help is much appreciated.